Partner: Camie C. Wade
Camie was born and raised in Lamesa, Texas, until her graduation from high school in 2000. She was the first ever recipient of the Lamesa Golden Tornado Jubilee Scholarship. She attended Texas Tech University as a first generation college student and graduated Magna Cum Laude in Honors Studies in 2003 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and a minor in History. While at Texas Tech, Camie was a member of Delta Delta Delta.
Camie began working for the predecessor firm to Kerby & Wade, P.C. as a clerk and errand runner while working on her Bachelor degree. She continued her employment through law school and received her Third Year Bar Card in 2006. Camie graduated Magna Cum Laude from Texas Tech Law School in 2007. During law school she was a member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society.
During high school and throughout law school, Camie volunteered with the Muscular Dystrophy Association West Texas Summer Camp program, including attending the one week camp each summer and the yearly telethons. Camie has been licensed to practice in Texas since 2007 and became licensed in New Mexico in 2015. Her practice includes litigation in both state and federal courts and she has argued before the Eleventh Court of Appeals in Eastland, Texas.
Camie’s clients have included individuals, state agencies, municipalities, municipal utility companies and corporations. She has litigated cases from both the plaintiff and defense sides, including cases involving wrongful death, construction defects, breach of contract, mineral disputes and wrongful termination.
In 2016, Camie was named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers and has been named as such continuously up through 2019. She previously sat on the Board of Directors for the Better Business Bureau of the South Plains.
Camie lives with her husband, their two children and three rescue dogs.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Oilfield Accidents
- Mineral Disputes
- Sexual Abuse/Harassment
- Contract Disputes
- Texas – 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas – 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas – 2011
- New Mexico – 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit – 2017
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D. magna cum laude – 2007
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
- B.A. magna cum laude – 2003
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers , 2016 – 2019
- America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators – 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Lubbock Area Bar Association
- Lubbock County Women Lawyers Association
- Better Business Bureau of the South Plains, Previous Members of Board of Directors
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation in 2018—an honor bestowed on 1/3 of 1% of licensed attorneys in Texas
- Delta Delta Delta
- Phi Delta Phi